Friday, September 19

Wisdom is a boomerang.


Don't talk about the sea with the frog in a well, for its habitation is confined;
Don't talk about the ice with the bug that only lives in the summer, for its time is confined;
Don't talk about Tao with a country folk, for his education is confined.
-Chuang-Tze, chapter 17

It is not ironic or even out of place to start a conversation on wisdom with a quote built on the Tao, however, it is said, that only greatness itself can define greatness. Wisdom was never discovered, it was always there, always present, always obvious, a few among a few paused to see it. I, am not among those few. I don't care.


There is no life, just an illusion of impeding death, and an apparent succeeding afterlife after that. The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart, in the soul, in the mind, in the shadow hiding from the light. We have nothing as proof, as evidence, only words in books written by others who've pondered upon or stumbled upon.. ideas, visions, imaginations, theories, ideologies, assumptions, and even misconceptions.

Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace. It is like the relation between good and evil. There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it. All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.

I have felt a second dimension. A second realm. In a normal person's perception, even I would deem it as insanity. But the sane can only go so far in this mortality, in this reality, in this plastic box of life tagged with an expiration date. Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction. Many disagree. I do not care.


I have felt an elevated state of (un?)consciousness. I have seen things half-asleep that I would never hope to in any state of mind that could be called, er, normal I suppose. No, I'm not on any narcotic, or alcohol, and I can't afford ecstasy. I'm just lame, and even lamer to write about it. I am constantly observing, never doing mind you, only observing with BIG gaping eyes, watching, questioning, and the only thing that interferes with my learning, is my education. Education, is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school. It is what keeps you questioning, it is what keeps you curious when you fail to answer. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Take this doubt for instance..
Gravitation is responsible for a falling stone, a falling rain drop, a falling rock, a falling 10-ton truck. However, gravitation is not responsible for a heart falling in love. There is a lot of hypocracy, mediocrity and veracity in everything. But that's not what I'm searching for.

I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details.

Note:
Everything in the above that is either in italic or in bold font is a quote. I did not write those words. I can't write, and I don't know what wisdom is. So don't think otherwise. Thank you for reading, if you did. :D